Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thunderfoot Part II

Ok, just for fun here are some of the thoughts I went thru in creating the Thunderfoot dragon.


The first sketch is the basic idea and position I had for the image, a note to myself on his feet to help add to the concept. As I was sketching and coming up with all of this, I was making some mental notes as well, those didn't make it to the sketchbook, but were used in the image none the less.


After the initial concept, I continued to dwell on the subject and honestly to some degree obsessed over it, making notes and refining sketches and the concept..........



At one point I took the time to work out the bone structure for his wing and shoulder mechanics...........I am actually still playing with this structure, just because I am not satisfied with the anatomy and I feel I can do better..........
.....the image as I posted it .....................




...............and the whole thing put together with text and completed.

No comments: