Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finished Fritz Tribute Paintings

Well folks I have finally gotten photos of the two finished paintings for the Frazetta Tribute Show that is being held by The Gallery Provocateur in Chicago. This is a juried show and no guarantee that I will even make it, but it is worth a shot and for a good cause. If nothing else I got two pretty good paintings out of the venture and that is never a bad thing!

ON THE BLACK RIVER

This is a Conan piece loosely based on the story Beyond the Black River.


THE DEATH DEALER

No real need to explain who this is, but I will note that although this is an original image done by me, the Death Dealer is a creation of Frank Frazetta and  belongs to him, it is his creation, and this is just my interpretation of it.




3 comments:

Nick Rose said...

I like the way you put Frazetta's sig on the back of the head of the one bad guy. Well Done.

ATOM said...

Die Picts! Great work as always.
I really like that R.E Howard Conan story. Those pesky Picts hunted him for about a week through those forests. The illo really takes me straight to that battle scene.

Tracy Flynn Art said...

Thanks guys, I truly appreciate ya'lls comments and the time you took to come by and say hey!!

@ NIck.....thought the Frazetta F tat on the guy would be a nice tribute to the man....and a good design detail for the piece too.

@ Atom.....Beyond the Black River is one of my favourite Conan stories.

Tracy