Thursday, July 24, 2014

JUST DRAW

Sometimes you just sit down and draw. No if''s, and's, or but's...........


Last night was just one of those nights, I was tired, exhausted even, just a long day, and I needed to relax. So, I pulled out a piece of paper..11 X 14, and sat there, and my hand started to idly move about and slowly a shape started to take, well ......... shape. 

The shape turned into a girl sort of crouching and leaning and as I drew, I started to become quite relaxed and just totally into what I was doing, and after about 90 minutes or so, I had a drawing.



 Whilst she is not quite finished, still need to do her hand and left leg, I sort of like her as is too. 

There is something to be said for just drawing, it is an amazing thing. Next time you are tired and need a way to relax or unwind.........pick up a pencil and let your day go and just see what comes out.

She was done on Bristol, with just a 2 B pencil and a kneaded erasure....

Sometimes the simple things are the best things........

No comments: